Digital Teaching & Learning Plans & Competencies
2017 Effective NC Policies & Plans
2017-2021 TCS District Strategic Plan:
1. Teaching & Learning: "design learning opportunities that are rigorous, engaging and applicable....; design progressive learning environments...; establish individual and applicable pathways to success for all..."
2. Human Resources: "Unique and Ongoing PD"
3. Efficiency, Structure and Governance: "strengthening data use...; strategic use of district resources....; build capacity
2017-2019 TCS Digital Learning Plan:
|L1 Shared Vision||P1 Professional Development Focus|
|L2 Personnel||P2 Professional Development Format|
|L3 Communication & Collaboration||P3 Professional Development Participation|
|L6 Continuous Improvement||Content & Instruction|
|L7 Procurement||C1 Educator Role|
|C2 Student Centered Learning|
|Technology Infrastructure & Devices||C3 Access to Digital Content|
|T1 School Networks||C4 Learning Management System (LMS)|
|T2 End-User Devices||C5 Curation & Development|
|T3 Learning Environments||C6 Data-Informed Instruction|
|T4 Technical Support|
|T5 Network Services||Data & Assessment|
|T6 Outside of Schools||D1 Data Systems|
|D2 Learner Profiles|
|D3 Multiple & Varied Assessments|
Digital Learning Competencies for Teachers & Administrators:
*effective with 2019 Renewal Cycle to get 2.0 CEUS (20 contact hours) so we must start this year
DLC Decision Making with Tricider
1. Which DLC should TCS focus on for 2017-18? Vote here.
2. PD Options for the DLC Cohort. Vote here
Technology PD Needs:
1. District expectations-
Technology tools are used to help us solve a problem and do things in a different way that couldn't be done otherwise. The goal of the authentic use of technology is about utilizing a resource to best address an educational need; it's not about "we should use Google Apps" or "let me show you how to work every button in Canvas". An example of a goal should should be about promoting student collaboration. Google Apps is a great technology tool to use to achieve that goal. We don't teach the tech merely for tech's sake.
2. School leader expectations-
Twiddla Collaborative Writing Space (no login needed)